- Interactive Design, UX and Graphic Design
- Online, Social and Integrated Marketing
- Writing and Content
- Web and Mobile Development
- Account Management
- Brand and Product Marketing
- Channel Marketing
- Communications and PR
- Direct Marketing and Database Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Events Promotion
- Market Research
- Online Marketing Management and Strategy
- Online Public Relations and Content
- Search Engine Marketing/Paid Search
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Social Media and Affiliate Marketing
- Web Analytics Consulting
Account Managers keep everything moving—advertising, marketing, design, PR and more. They are responsible for overseeing the important relationship between the customer and the marketing team—setting, adjusting and re-adjusting the schedules—and juggling it all with confidence and diplomacy.
- Work with the client to determine needs and convey those needs to the creative team
- Ensure project is on schedule and client deadlines are met
- Oversee the approval process
- Nurture ongoing customer relationships
Account management positions recently filled by Aquent include:
- Account Executive
- Account Manager
- Account Coordinator
Brand and Product Marketing
Brand Managers work closely with senior management to determine how brands should be managed in regard to the company image and appeal in the marketplace. Brand managers also work with market research and sales to understand public perception of the brand. On a day-to-day basis, brand professionals collaborate with Product Managers to plan, develop and implement brand strategy and marketing programs for a particular business or product. Successful brand management relies on a solid marketing or advertising background and strong communication and presentation skills. An MBA is often required for a career in brand management.
- Provide branding direction: developing and executing brand marketing programs and product launches
- Review market research to anticipate competitive and industry trends and translate consumer attitudes into actionable insights
- Work collaboratively with other departments—PR, Finance, Promotions, Research, Web
Branding and product marketing positions recently filled by Aquent include:
- Marketing Director
- Brand Manager
- Sr. Brand Manager
- Sr. Associate Brand Manager
- Associate or Assistant Brand Manager
- Sr. Product Director
- VP Marketing
- Product Manager
- Associate or Assistant Product Manager
Channel Marketers identify and direct distributors—or other channels, such as the Internet and other direct marketing methodologies—to sell and support products and services. Channel Marketeters understand that selecting the correct channel or channels is crucial to a product or service’s wild success or disappointing failure.
- Work with third parties to determine positioning, objectives and market exposure
- Direct promotional efforts at levels (distributor, wholesaler, retailer) or vertical channels of distribution
Channel marketing positions recently filled by Aquent include:
- Director of Channel Marketing
- Channel Marketing Program Manager
- Channel Marketing Specialist
- Channel Marketing Manager
Communications and PR
Advertising is not the only way a brand or business can get the message out. Corporate communications and PR experts develop programs and strategies that promote an organization, products and initiatives through media outlets and other channels. Corporate Communications Managers and PR professionals use their extensive advertising and marketing experience to craft and project a compelling brand stories, generate positive publicity and provide damage control in a crisis.
Corporate Communications Managers and Public Relations Managers:
- Control communications with the media, consumers, employees, investors and the general public
- Support teams when crafting presentations and speeches directed to employees and consumers
Marketing management positions recently filled by Aquent include:
- Corporate Communications Director
- Communications Manager
- Public Relations Manager
- Media Relations Communication Director
- Public Affairs Director
- Public Relations Consultant
Direct Marketing and Database Marketing
Direct marketing and database marketing are disciplines that utilize quantifiable results to measure marketing effectiveness and impact. Direct and Database Marketers create the strategies, analyze and parse the lists, and measure the outcome. The reports that these marketers develop are used to understand the effectiveness of a promotion and may influence elements of future campaigns.
Direct and Database Marketers:
- Create and oversee implementation of a direct marketing plan designed to increase market share
- Compile and analyze market research
- Work with creative and production teams to develop effective direct promotional materials
Direct marketing management positions recently filled by Aquent include:
- Marketing Manager
- Marketing Program Manager
- Marketing Specialist
- Marketing Brand Coordinator
- Brand Assistant
- Market Analyst
Email marketing, just like direct mail, requires a specialized knowledge base. Managing email campaigns has a unique set of requirements, best practices, and specifications to ensure the most favorable outcomes. Developing a clear strategy from the outset is vital to creating a successful email marketing campaign, but many factors in the testing and development of email programs from subject lines to offer prominence can lead to differing results.
Your core staff should manage the critical functions of email planning, analytics and strategy, but bringing in specialists to complement your best practices and execute complex campaigns can drive higher click and conversion rates.
With the right email marketing strategy, companies can replicate the success they have had in direct mail. There are however major differences to email marketing execution. The most obvious are the laws that regulate SPAM and compliance.
The strategy needs to be addressed in to areas content and delivery. And a proper strategy must be outlined for each area to ensure relevance
Relevance—Content must speak to the relevance of the transaction. For instance, you do not want to send a promotion of a fur coat in a transaction email confirming the purchase of an “I love PETA” t-shirt.
Brand Consistency—Ensure that you are using your brand consistently in every message. Not only should your email communications match each other, but they too should match other communications where brand is represented including Websites, brochures, etc.
Real-time—Timing is everything, so companies must ensure that relevant messages are also timely, which usually means less than a 24 hour time frame from the original transaction time.
* Zrinity Inc.“Improving the Buyer Experience (and ROI) Through Transactional Email Marketing
Testing and Tracking- Test, test, test, and then track everything
Events are important marketing components of an overall marketing strategy and allow companies to interact directly with customers. Event Managers work with marketing and event planning staff to develop promotions around upcoming tradeshows, conferences and special events.
- Determine the theme, strategy and marketing materials needed for a promotional program
- Execute the promotion
- Monitor competitors’ activities on an ongoing basis
- Manage publicity and advertising around events
Events promotion positions recently filled by Aquent include:
- Promotions Manager
- Promotions Coordinator
Market research has become an important tool for nearly all aspects of brand communication. By studying the target audience, competitive landscape and general market environment, Market Researchers help develop powerful brand strategies. Market Researchers conduct studies and surveys, analyze those results and compile reports that determine which products and messages that resonate best with the consumer.
- Develop research programs that provide data to evaluate existing or proposed products and services
- Identify and research market conditions or industry changes that may affect sales
- Mine and analyze customer and market data to provide relevant insights for the marketing team
Marketing research positions recently filled by Aquent include:
- VP Market Research
- Senior Market Research Analyst
- Market Research Analyst
- Junior Market Research Analyst
- Research Coordinator
Online Marketing Management and Strategy
Online campaigns are unique because they can be more quickly and more easily measured than traditional print and television campaigns. It is best to start small and set goals for target conversion rates, then measure, test and increase your marketing spend in line with your campaign’s latest goals. Add more campaigns as you become focused and more efficient. Because online marketing campaigns have a shorter lead time and can be measured more immediately, you can optimize more easily based on your results. Once you reach your targets, you can then increase spending to reach your desired volume of online activity.
Improving response rates through A/B testing
A/B or split testing is a method of advertising testing where a baseline control sample is compared to a variety of single-variable test samples to measure and improve response rates. With more companies leveraging interactive media, this strategy has become increasingly important to test a variety of online components, including banner ad graphics, email subject lines, site content, calls to action, landing pages and micro sites.
Understanding which variables are helping to increase your conversion rates is critical to reaching your audience and developing successful campaigns. For A/B tests to be effective, a clear set of variables needs to be established along with your testing goals. The key is to make sure you are only testing one element or variable in any given test. So if you are trying to understand which graphic element performs better, you need to keep the offer the same, and vice versa.
The key role for specialists in your online marketing management group is to identify and evaluate new tactics and channels that can increase online traffic and raise brand awareness for your organization. This function is primarily responsible for managing your online advertising campaigns and marketing programs, and maintaining relationships with your advertising partners.
Like any media programs you develop, conceiving the right tests, creating the optimal mix of marketing elements, and evaluating the overall performance of your online marketing efforts is critical to establishing successful online marketing programs.
We offer a variety of services including:
Digital Marketing In-House Transition Packages
Let Aquent assist you in transitioning your online executions from your agency by providing you highly specialized experts in the online space
Digital Health Check
Let one of our highly specialized consultants review your current Digital process and execution
Online Marketing Consulting Services
Online Public Relations and Content
Companies must continue to focus on Content, Online Reputation Management and PR. As consumers have increasingly adopted the self-service model, must ensure that the content on the web covers the key areas with content. This should address specific questions on products and make sure that the right messaging is going out online about your organization.
Online reputation management is a developing field that encompasses public relations and search engine optimization.
“Consumers go online to make buying decisions. When they research brands using search engines, the results that they observe often influence how they behave. Consumer generated media sites offer the general public the opportunity to express their views of brands. This information can be found in search engine results. Members of the public such as competitors, and ex-employees can take part in the online conversation, which can adversely affect the brand reputation.” *Workz blog by SEOJoe the President & Founder of SEOJoe, Inc.
Online reputation management is a field that involves the monitoring of online conversation, and the action undertaken, to improved brand reputation within search engine results.
• Writes, manages, edits, and sources website content
• Improves site engagement through user management, guerilla marketing and leveraging other initiatives
• Utilizes content management tools and systems for content, page and document creation
• Partners with subject matter experts inside and outside the organization
• Utilizes visitor traffic reporting to analyze site success
• Contributes to and participants in content planning
• Maintains in-depth working knowledge of related topics, sources, and trends
Search Engine Marketing/Paid Search
Although the two terms search engine marketing (SEO) and search engine optimization are often used interchangeably by many organizations, there really is a difference between their two meanings. Search engine optimization is actually a subset of search engine marketing. While SEO is perhaps the most cost-effective function, it is just one component of a SEM campaign.
The SEM/ Paid Search Audit
The SEM/Paid Search Audit concept is rather simple. In the finance world, there has been a long-standing practice of the internal and external audit. The same concept is being applied in the Paid Search industry. This “audit” is working in two ways:
Agency and Consulting: The In-House Audit
Let a consultant review and audit your paid search campaign for a one to three month time frame. The purpose of this Paid Search Audit is to ensure that an in-house marketing team is functioning as effectively as possible.
Take back control of the Paid Search practice and collaborating with a consulting resource. In addition to the standard audit activities, the Agency Audit also looks at the branded key words skew and focuses on optimizing all accounts for maximum conversion.
In most cases, such audit efforts have resulted in decreased cost by over 50 percent while increasing conversion as high as 35%.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
This technical group is responsible for developing and implementing SEO strategies, SEM landing pages, microsites, digital display inventory, and social networking applications. Because it requires a technical skill set, this group should be a separate function from SEM.
The SEO technology strategist:
- Assists in making websites friendly to search engines “organically,” without purchasing additional ads or paying to have the site listed
- Uses inbound links, keywords and coding like special META tags to make sites more web friendly
- Focuses on content and landing pages with input from the SEM, online publics relations and content, and online marketing management groups
- Works with site developers and oversee the technical development of SEO strategies
Social Media and Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is an Internet-based marketing practice where an online company rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer reached by the affiliate’s marketing efforts. Affiliate marketing tends to be used more seldom by most online marketers, who prefer to use more traditional forms of online marketing like organize search engine optimization, paid search advertising, email marketing, and display advertising
Companies need to create an affiliate marketing team to ensure that it has a unified message and buying strategy to control the cost and use of its name. It can be a highly effective way to attract users while having a fixed cost. It also can allow you to address a longtail strategy with smaller niche vendors.
Affiliate marketing is a modern variation of the practice of paying a finder's fee for the introduction of new clients to a business. Compensation may be made based on a certain value for each visit (pay per click), registrant (pay per lead), or a commission for each customer or sale (pay per sale), or any combination.
The affiliate marketing function:
- Develops, fosters, and manages multiple, large direct affiliate relationships
- Provides ‘hands-on’ direction to partners with key information and insight to grow sales
- Directs appropriate promotions, incentives, creative for affiliate programs
- Develops and prioritizes product requirements according to goals
- Analyzes results for areas of opportunities and successes
- Manages weekly and monthly reporting and tracking of performance metrics
Web Analytics Consulting
Web analytics can play an important role in helping your organization achieve a greater ROI or competitive edge. By centralizing your data analytics function, you can respond to market changes more quickly and also make changes to your strategy and deliverables in real time. Bringing these operations in-house can also help eliminate redundant activities through a more cohesive, cost-effective process.
A wide variety of metrics tools exist today to help your company monitor its online performance. In addition to hiring a specialized SEM company to develop a range of optimization techniques, you may also want to take advantage of the services provided by Webtrends, Google Analytics or any number of less expensive pay-per-click solutions. Marketing platforms like Marketo and Eloqua offer end-to-end measurement and database integration systems or you may decide to use a mix of email marketing tools and tracking systems.
Once you define your program’s goals, an online marketing manager can help you establish the tools you need to effectively measure success. Whatever you decide, there are options to fit your specific needs and budget. Depending on the size of your company and the complexity of your online campaigns, you should implement a site tracking system that enables you to see the referring sources, number of clicks, bounce rates, and email opens, to name a few helpful metrics.
The Online Marketing Practive can assist you in the creation of the tracking and measurement of all online activates. Our consultants assist our clients with a ride variety of functions including:
- Developing, implementing and continuously delivering metrics and analysis to optimize online marketing strategy and specific online marketing campaigns
- Developes and manages conversion measurement methodologies and develop reporting for all online marketing activities
- Delivers effective and measurable components of all online marketing initiatives to ensure maximum business value and ensure alignment and integration with other online marketing activities across the enterprise
- Prepares for, responds to and coordinates project-related compliance/audit activities
- HBX and Omniture conversions
- Google Analytic installations